Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weigh in #17-20, McDonalds revisited.

Hi everyone.

Well the last month has flown by. Been very, very busy and maybe a little stressed at work. Working from 7am to 1am tends to have that effect on me. Still the beam-line is up and running AND on time this year so feel very happy about that. The madness should be over for another year!

Okay, in quick order then......

First on is 7.5oz




Second one is 9oz






Third one is 10oz






Fourth one is 22.5oz.





That brings our grand total to 408oz which is 25.5lbs in 31 weeks. Pretty damned good I say!

We've recently received new recycling bins from San Mateo County and from Jan 3rd we can start to add food scraps to the green yard waste bins. That's excellent news, but most of our food waste is still going to be going into the compost bin and the worms lunch menu!

Talking of compost, yesterday I dug around in out compost tumbler to find the new biodegradable chip packet, you know the loud ones that claim to be biodegradable. Well we popped that noisy bugger into the drum on the 2nd October and two months later still looks like we just bought it off the shelf. Very little degrading.

Was not able to find the biodegradable wine cups we used at the wedding. Not that I looked that hard as it started to rain......



You may remember in my last blog that I was going to do the "why does a burger not go mouldy experiment" but I've been beaten to it. My good friend Bruce found a link to someone who carried out a pretty good set of experiments. They experiments and the conclusions can be read here. I won't spoil the ending by telling you what he found... no pun intended!

We had out last harvest from our tomato plants at the end of November....



it was a very strange summer indeed.

Summer is over, especially so for my poor family back in the UK, struggling through a couple feet of snow. Not to be out done we built our own snowman.... by built I mean bought one from Home Depot and then assembled it at home. "Frosty" as we named him (original huh?) is now proudly stood out on our front lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment